Livestock health and Vaterinary Services
Presently Animal Resources Development Dept. caters to the needs and responsibilities of livestock healthcare to optimize the productivity of livestock wealth in the state for optimum productivity. For effective preventive and curative measures a network has been created. The detailed activities being maintained are as here under:
Prevalent livestock diseases:
- Foot and Mouth
- Black Quarter
- Haemorrhagic Septicaemia
- Swine Fever
- Parasitic infestation
Poultry and Ducks:
- Ranikhet Disease
- Infectious Bursal Disease
- Duck Cholera
Emerging and Re-emerging Diseases:
- Peste des petit Ruminant (PPR)
- Avian Influenza ( Bird Flu)
Mandate Of The Dept.
- Prevention and control of major livestock diseases through immunization.
- Curative measures through wide network of dept. institution and skilled manpower.
- Advisory services for animal health related matter.
- Disease diagnosis and disease investigation.
- Animal disease surveillance and monitoring.
- Training and skill up gradation.
- Health care and management of farm resources.
Implementation of centrally sponsored scheme/project:
- Assistant to State Control of Animal Diseases (ASCAD).
- All India Coordinated Research Project on FMD.
- National Project on Rinderpest Eradication(NPRE).
- Preparedness, control and containment of Avian Influenza.
- Sero- monitoring of Peste des petit Ruminant.
|Sl NO||Name of the Institute||West||South||North||Dhalai||Total|
|3||Vety. sub centre||206||106||76||38||426|
|4||Vety. Medical store||01||01||01||01||04|
|5||Disease Investigation Laboratory||01||01||01||01||04|